Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My Dream Vacation to Japan

Dream Vacation 

Chuan Feng

250646667



When I was learning world history, my teacher showed some pictures for Japan. It makes me think of my grandfather. He lived at there for 4 years, and told me lots of things about Japan. However, I have never been there until now. I think it is the regret of my life. All of my memory about Japan are told from my grandfather, so these place is special for me.That is why it makes this country to be a mysterious place in my mind, and my dream is visiting here.





When people talk about japan, people tend to think of sakura, classical drama, tea ceremony, kimono and so on. All of this traditional Japanese things are fancy and attractive for me. I have never been to this place, and I checked a lot of travel notes about Japan. Most of travelers say a lot of people travel around for shopping, but when people travel to Japan, tourists prefer to experience their traditional culture and services. -- Because there is a completely deference experience.



I have dreamed to travel in Japan many times, but because of the time, I never had a chance really been there. Every time I search some Japanese pictures, it still to be glamorous in my mind. Both architecture and human landscape are unusual. Even I have never been there before, I still bought some Japanese stuffs to make me feel that place is not that far away from me. I was born in China, and Japan is a neighboring country. But now, I am studying in Canada, so it is real far away from here.




Where I gonna visit: 

Tokyo: This city is located in the central of Japan, and it is Japan's political, economic and cultural center. As I know, Tokyo is lots of information collection and distribution, and it is the Asian pop culture birthplace. 

  • Visit the world famous Ginza -- Ginza is Japan's highly developed capitalist culture on behalf of the region. 
  • Nightlife of Shinjuku -- There are many bars, cafes and video game stores are usually open late into the night.
  • Asakusa's Japanese traditional culture -- Sensoji temple and ray door are famous in Japan. Asakusa as the reserved area of traditional culture, there are many related to traditional activities are held here. 
  • Tokyo Tower -- Tokyo tower is the sign of the city. The meaning of the tower likes the Eiffel Tower in France. It is higher than the Eiffel Tower 13 meters.

My grandfather told me all of these place are shows the Japanese busy city sight, it is totally different style than Canada. I lived in Canada for 5 years, that is a important reason which I want to feel the different style of city and cultural characteristics. My parents visited to Japan 3 years ago, and I saw some picture from them. It makes me real want to visit this city in my life.



Hokkaido: It is the largest island in Japan, is also the area of 21 large islands in the world. Hokkaido is a nature present and is the most pure place in my mind. Hokkaido is an island in the north of Japan, and it is surrounded with the sea. It accounts for 22% of Japan's total area.


  • Otaru Unga -- Otaru Unga is a iconoc location of Otaru in Hokkaido. The kerosene lamps and the red brick external wall of the warehouse has exotic atmosphere. The scenery likes a oil painting.
  • Tomita Farm -- Tomita farm is given priority to plant lavender. And now, there are one hundred and fifty kinds of flowers in the farm. This beauty seems to be within reach, and the feeling is like the garden of Eden.
  • Shiroi Kobito Pa-ku -- This place is a symbol of hope for pure love. There are some rose garden, coffee shop and toy collection exhibition room in the park. It is a place full of imaginations in my mind.
  • Tokeidai -- Tokeidai is the famous landmarks in Sapporo, Hokkaido. It is one of the few surviving American architecture in Hokkaido, and it is Japan's important cultural heritage.

My Japanese teacher was born at here. She told me a lot of things about Hokkaido. This place is real different than Tokyo. If I want to visit Tokyo than go to here, it should be a good decision. Tokyo will shows Japan's prosperity, but this island will shows the magic of the natural environment. After I did some research and viewd some picture of Hokkaido, I think this island will give me a feeling of peace and comfort.




Kansai: For this place I will visit 2 cities which are Otsu and Kyoto.







  • Otsu -- experience the temple culture (Ishiyama-dera, Miidera and Enryaku-ji). My grandfather was interest in temple culture. When I was a child, he told me a lot of story and principle about Buddhism. He also brought me to visit some temple. That is why I am interest in religious culture now. These temples are representative in Japan, and they are world cultural heritages. I visited some temples in China, but the picture shows these temples are totally different architectural style.
  • Kyoto -- I only want to visit Nijo-jo in this city. My Japanese friend told me this castle is amazing. The outside of the castle looks very dignified, but inside of the castle looks gorgeous and elegant. Especially the mural painting in the castle shows the Japanese style.
I think I will only experience the temple culture and Japan's ancient architectural style in Kansai. This place should be my last trip in Japan, and all of these can make me feel peace. I lived in a busy society, and I have lots of things need to work. Everything makes me feel tired now, so this place can let me relax. This is a important reason why it can be my dream vacation.



When I will go:

I am still a student right now, so I do not have time and enough money to visit so far. After I graduate from university, I probably will work for 3 years, then I will try to achieve my dream.


The Budget :

Exchange Rate: 1 Canadian Dollar = 92.74 Japanese Yen

Air ticket: Round trip C$: 913

Transportation fees : 
Tokyo to Hokkaido, Hokkaido to Kansai and other transportation fees (JR PASS): 28300 Yen / person = C$: 305.19

Tokyo: (4 DAYS)

  • Ginza: shopping C$ 400
  • Shinjuku: bars and game C$ 200
  • Asakusa: Sensoji temple (Free), traditional activities C$ 50
  • Tokyo Tower: 900 Yen = C$ 9.71           Total: C$ 659.71

Hokkaido: (5 DAYS)

  • Otaru Unga: (Free) 
  • Tomita Farm: 1300 Yen = C$ 14.02
  • Shiroi Kobito Pa-ku: 600 Yen = C$ 6.47
  • Tokeidai: 200 Yen = C$ 2.16                   Total: C$ 22.65

Kansai: (2 DAYS)

  • Otsu: 3 TEMPLES   900 Yen + 600 Yen + Free = 1500 Yen = C$ 16.18
  • Nijo-jo: (Free) 500 Yen for introduction = C$ 5.39
                                                                         Total: C$ 21.57


Accommodation: Japanese style hotel 6000 Yen per person = C$ 64.70 / DAY  (10 NIGHTS)  TOTAL: C$ 647

Food: C$ 60 per day (I will try some Japanese traditional food, so I will give C$ 300 for overspend.)  TOTAL: C$ 60 * 10 + C$ 300 = C$ 900

Emergency Capacity: C$ 1000

TOTAL COST: C$ 913 + C$ 305.19 + C$ 659.71 + C$ 22.65 + C$ 21.57 + C$ 647 + C$ 900 + C$ 1000C$ 4469.12




This vacation is real important for me, I want to see everything which my grandfather told me before. As my dream vacation, I think I will do more research before I get there. This can be a goal worth striving for in my life. This dream vacation should give me a perfect memory, and the different national culture will give me a special experience.


4 comments: